and N°063-2019 dated June 24th, 2019 subject to the closure of a portion of the Boulevard de France between 'The express by Bacchus' to the restaurant ' the Ahrawak 'on Thursday July 04th 2019 from 17: 00 to 01:00 AM
The Oualichi Festival organization will be hosting the “SXM Best Weekend” event on July 4th thru 5th 2019 at the Marigot Waterfront parking facilities.
In this event, we hereby, advise all users of these areas of the following temporary changes:
- all the reserved areas to the taxis (with the exception of the leader of the maritime station);
- all areas reserved for taxis (with the exception of the ferry terminal line);
- all areas reserved for tour bus Companies;
- all areas of the taxi station;
- all parking spaces reserved for the Car rental shuttles vehicles;
The use of the aforementioned locations will be exclusively reserved for the organizers of the event as of Wednesday July 3rd 2019 at 10:00 AM thru Friday July 5th 2019 at 7:00 AM.
Taxi drivers are invited to maintain the use of the following areas:
- the taxi line parallel to the Marigot Ferry terminal,
- the parking spaces parallel of the former restaurant "Henock’s Place" (waterfront side),
- the parking areas of Dr. Hubert PETIT's Boulevard around the former immigration (PAF) offices (thus prohibited of parking and closed to the Car rental companies and all public vehicles during this period).
Car rental companies are invited to ensure parking arrangements for their shuttle vehicles outside of the prohibited spaces.
Tour bus companies, are required to park in their designated parking spaces at the Food Market.
These temporary changes will be restored under the usual conditions as of 07:00 AM on Friday July 5th 2019.
Any unauthorized vehicle parked in areas as mentioned above on the days and hours indicated, will be seized, removed, and impounded, at the expenses and responsibility of the owner.
We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause,
Thank you for your understanding.
Assistant General Director
Copied to :
- Taxis drivers – Marigot Waterfront
- Taxi association SMUTA
- Taxi Association SWALICAB
- Tour bus Companies
- Taxi Controllers
- Waterfront Car rental compagnies
- Director of the Communication Dept- Nathalie LONGATO
- Director of the Territorial Police- Mrs. Jacqueline RODRIGUEZ
- Director of the Port authority Mr. Albéric ELLIS
- Organizers of the Oualichi Festival – “SXM Best Weekend”